an infinite number of Tarot spreads. We will discuss the common
ones here. Keep in mind that you can do readings just as well, better
for some, without using spreads. Or, better yet, develop your own
readings you do, the more comfortable it will be an you will naturally
develop your own way to read the cards.
/ 4-card / Celtic Cross
Relationship / Astrological
/ Making a decision
basic 3-card draw
the cards, concentrating on the subject. Pull three cards. Examine
each card individually in relation to its category and then in relation
to each other.
how one card can be interpreted to fit any category? Check out our
sample spread and the multiple interpretations
the 3-card draw, the 4 card spread can have many interpretations.
Just because a drawing is simple, do not think that it isn't powerful.
Some of these quick readings are full of information and really
all you need to know. Here are some examples:
What you have, what you desire, what you need, what you get
· The situation, how it evolves in the next 4 weeks, someone/something
that will effect the situation, the outcome
· What you need to leave behind/release, what you must confront,
what you need to know, what you will attain.
· Outlook for an event/situation, who/what will help, where
it will lead, what emotions it will invoke
· Your greatest strength, how you can enhance it, how you
can apply it, what strength it brings you
spread is probably the most well-know spread. While many people
start with this spread, many quickly abandon it or adapt the spread
to better suit their needs.
- Your present situation
- What crosses you;
your obstacle or assisting influences
- Past events that determined
your present situation
- Resent past; an influence
on the current situation that is waning but still there
- A possible future
based upon your energy at the moment
- The near future; the
short-term outcome of the question at hand
- How you perceive the
- How others see you
- Your hopes and fears
- The final outcome.
Note: Compare card 5
and 10. If there appears to be a discrepancy, it is a message that
you will have to take some different actions to achieve the outcome
are you bringing to the relationship
2. What the other person is bringing
3. How the relationship effects you emotionally
4. How the relationship effects your partner emotionally
5. The outcome of the relationship
will happen if you chose option A
4-6: What will happen if you chose option B
7: Outcome if you chose A
8: Outcome if you chose B
9: Something you need to know before deciding
House - the house of self-expression and identity; how you see yourself
2. Second House - the house of tangible assets, personal income
and earning capability.
3. Third House - the house of intellect and communications, mental
expression and relatives.
4. Fourth House - the house of home, property, environmental expenses
and domestic affairs
5. Fifth House - the house of pleasurable pursuits, romance, entertainment
and speculative adventures
6. Sixth House - the house of working conditions and career as well
as health, sickness and nutrition
7. Seventh House - the house of partnerships, agreements and mergers,
business and personal relationships.
8. Eighth House - the house of death, rebirth, legacies and inherited
9. Ninth House - the spiritual guidance and teachings which work
toward developing self knowledge; travel and lengthy journeys
10. Tenth House - the house of goals, ambitions, achievements and
11. Eleventh House - the house of friendship and for other affiliations
which help to advance your personal objective
12. Twelfth House - the house of a blind spot in your make up that
could cause limitation or unnecessary suffering
13. Thirteenth Card - the summation of all the proceeding card.
a Rune or Tarot reading, dream interpretation or astrological report